Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nat_h45 nat_h45 is offline

Default forms, formatting, etc

Each of the list below from a protected form will have a checkbox beside it.
How do I make it so that when the checkbox is left unticked that the
corresponding item will be strikethrough?

PASSENGER SHIP
PASSENGER HIGH-SPEED CRAFT
CARGO HIGH-SPEED CRAFT
BULK CARRIER
OIL TANKER
CHEMICAL TANKER
GAS CARRIER
MOBILE OFFSHORE DRILLING UNIT
OTHER CARGO SHIP (N/A)

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AmandaH AmandaH is offline

So what you need is a Marco the first unprotect the documents, changes
the font to strike out and then re-protects it, and then assigns this
Marco to the OnExit on the check box properties.

Step 1: Unprotect the document:
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password: ="place password here"

Step 2: Selecting the front to change
- I would make the text you want changed into a bookmark, it makes life
a lot easer

Sub Macro7()
If ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check1").CheckBox = True Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Bookmarkhere").Select
Selection.Font.StrikeThrough = True
Else
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Bookmarkhere").Select
Selection.Font.StrikeThrough = False
End If
End Sub

The above code basically checks to see if the check box is checked if
it is then it selects the bookmark and changes the font to
StrikeThrough as true. If the user uncheck the box it will return to
normal.

Step 3: Re-protecting the document

ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True, _
Password: ="password"

This way the user will never know that the doc was unprotected.

If you have any other question just let me know

~Amanda~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nat_h45 nat_h45 is offline

Thanks very much for that.

Unfortunately I'm a total beginner at this. The code I've got input into
Visual Basic is:

Sub Strikethrough()
'
' Strikethrough Macro
' Macro recorded 7/19/2006 by planap
'
Sub Macro7()
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="1964"
End Sub
Sub Macro7()
If ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check1").CheckBox = True Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Text13").Select
Selection.Font.Strikethrough = True
Else
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Text13").Select
Selection.Font.Strikethrough = False
End If
End Sub
Sub Macro7()
ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True, _
Password:="1964"
End Sub

Do I add the macro on exit only? To the checkbox field or the text13 field?

Many thanks

"AmandaH" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AmandaH AmandaH is offline

Ok so I fixed some of the code below, you can do it all in one sub.

So when you right click on the check box you will see the properties
option. In that dialog box you will see the title "Run Marco on".
Select "Exit:" drop down box and find your Marco in this case Macro7,
then click OK, it should work fine.

Then for all Check boxes that you want to use this code for you need to
add a separate bookmark to the text and revise the code. So in the end
you are going to have 6 (I think) different Marcos. Or 1 Marco for 1
Check box. I know it is a little redundant, But hey its VBA not Java.
lol

nat_h45 wrote:
Thanks very much for that.

Unfortunately I'm a total beginner at this. The code I've got input into
Visual Basic is:

Sub Strikethrough()
'
' Strikethrough Macro
' Macro recorded 7/19/2006 by planap
'
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="1964"

If ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check1").CheckBox.value = false Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Text13").Select
Selection.Font.Strikethrough = True
Elseif ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check1").CheckBox.value = true

"AmandaH" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

What follows is an on-exit macro for the checkbox named chkThirdParty. It
changes both the bold and the double-strikethrough features of bookmarked
text.

Sub ThirdParty()
'
' ThirdParty Macro
' OnExit Macro for Third-Party Checkbox
' "&chr(10)&"Macro written 05/16/2001 by Charles Kyle Kenyon
'
Dim rRange As Range
With ActiveDocument
UnProtectSubpoena 'subroutine below
Set rRange = .Bookmarks("ThirdPartyLanguage").Range
rRange.Font.DoubleStrikeThrough = _
Not .FormFields("chkThirdParty").CheckBox.Value
rRange.Font.Bold = _
.FormFields("chkThirdParty").CheckBox.Value
.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, True, sPass
End With
End Sub

If the box is checked, it undoes the double-strikethrough and bolds the
text, otherwise it is stricken and not bold. It might be possible to do this
with an IF field without a macro, but I'm not sure how. Hope this is
helpful.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.