Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bcmiller@prairiecomm.net is offline

Default minimal presentation

Hi,

I'm hoping there's a MS Word option that will allow me to set up my
document so that readers to whom I send it will open it and see nothing
but the menu in addition to the document, i.e. no toolbars, ruler, etc;
-and in print layout only.

Thanks,
Barry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I often have wished that there were such an option. However, viewing options
in Word reside on the computer being used to view the document, rather than
within the document itself. If the person to whom you send a document has his
(and/or her) viewing options set differently than yours, the document will
appear differently on that person's machine than it will on your machine.

This shortcoming in Word is particularly troublesome when you are tracking
changes.