Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cha cha is offline

Default TOC format and style

I' ve the following issue. TOC should normally follow the headings format.
I have a document with 4 headings level. Heading 1 Level is formatted as ALL
CAPS.
In the TOC, some headings appear as ALL CAPS, some as Title Case and some
other in lower case

Example:
Headings
INTRODUCTION
DESCRIPTION
CONCLUSION

TOC:
INTRODUCTION
Description
conclusion

Any idea how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Chantal
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

TOC entries are formatted according to the TOC styles, not the formatting
applied to the headings.

"cha" wrote in message
I' ve the following issue. TOC should normally follow the headings format.
I have a document with 4 headings level. Heading 1 Level is formatted as
ALL
CAPS.
In the TOC, some headings appear as ALL CAPS, some as Title Case and some
other in lower case

Example:
Headings
INTRODUCTION
DESCRIPTION
CONCLUSION

TOC:
INTRODUCTION
Description
conclusion

Any idea how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Chantal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cha cha is offline

Yes Jezebel, I agree.
But then how come I have two different TOC styles?

"cha" wrote in message
I' ve the following issue. TOC should normally follow the headings format.
I have a document with 4 headings level. Heading 1 Level is formatted as
ALL
CAPS.
In the TOC, some headings appear as ALL CAPS, some as Title Case and some
other in lower case

Example:
Headings
INTRODUCTION
DESCRIPTION
CONCLUSION

TOC:
INTRODUCTION
Description
conclusion

Any idea how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Chantal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

You don't. You typed some using the Shift key or the Shift-Lock. If you type
something which is formatted as all caps using the shift key, those
distinctions will be there if the all caps is suppressed or turned off.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.