Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Igor Sukhov Igor Sukhov is offline

Default Startup delay if internet connection available.

I have noticed that if the internet connection is available it takes longer
for the Word to start up (as if it does some kind of check over the internet
(I checked it using my firewall software) - perhaps it does check if the
online clipart available or not).

Usual delay is 3-5 seconds. It does not seem like a big deal but if it
happens ten times a day it is very annoying.

Could someone please point me - how could I disable that start-up check? If
it has something to do with verification of availability of office internet
services - I do not care - I am really does not use them at all.

There is always the option to disable incoming connections for the
winword.exe (using the firewall) - but I do not consider this solution as
elegant.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?SWdvciBTdWtob3Y=?=,

I have noticed that if the internet connection is available it takes longer
for the Word to start up (as if it does some kind of check over the internet
(I checked it using my firewall software) - perhaps it does check if the
online clipart available or not).

Since you haven't gotten a response here, try asking in the office.setup
newsgroup. You're more likely to encounter experts in configuration questions
there. Be sure to mention the version of Word with which you're having the
problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, I've noticed that Word takes a lot longer to load since I got DSL
(previously, with a dial-up connection, I was not connected when I started
Word). I have online Help disabled, too.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?SWdvciBTdWtob3Y=?=,

I have noticed that if the internet connection is available it takes

longer
for the Word to start up (as if it does some kind of check over the

internet
(I checked it using my firewall software) - perhaps it does check if the
online clipart available or not).

Since you haven't gotten a response here, try asking in the office.setup
newsgroup. You're more likely to encounter experts in configuration

questions
there. Be sure to mention the version of Word with which you're having the
problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org