Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EMurray EMurray is offline

Default How do I eliminate historic tracked changes so others can't see?

I have a document with tracked changes. I accepted all changes, saved the
file, then emailed it to a Word 2003 user. When he opened it, he could view
the full history of all the tracked changes - very embarrassing! How do I
ensure that the history of changes is really gone -- my view of the document
is perfectly clean with no tracked changes showing at all.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suspect that you only changed to Final view on the Reviewing
toolbar, which hides the tracked changes, but does not remove
them. You need click on the "Accept All Tracked Changes" and
"Delete All Comments" commands on the Reviewing toolbar. See
and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
for more information.