Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Guy Delaney Guy Delaney is offline

Default Labels

When I want to print just a few labes, I go to ToolsLetters and
MailingsEnvelopes and Label and after choosing the correct label, I click
New Document so that I can manually type in the few address labels I want to
print.

The problem is that the New Document does not show the boarders of the
labels so I do not know where to type. How can I display the individual
labels so that I can type the ones I want?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In Word 2002/2003, try Table|Show Gridlines.

In Word 2007, try selecting the table that is used to lay out the labels,
then the "Design" tab in the ribbon, then Table Styles-Boarders-Show
Gridlines. I guess someone thought that was obvious...

Peter Jamieson

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
When I want to print just a few labes, I go to ToolsLetters and
MailingsEnvelopes and Label and after choosing the correct label, I click
New Document so that I can manually type in the few address labels I want
to print.

The problem is that the New Document does not show the boarders of the
labels so I do not know where to type. How can I display the individual
labels so that I can type the ones I want?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The borders in question (you'll find help easier to locate if you spell
borders correctly when searching) are non-printing gridlines, which for Word
versions up to 2003 are located at table show gridlines, and in 2007 Table
Layout View Gridlines.

When I want to print just a few labels, I go to ToolsLetters and