Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Knut Elander Knut Elander is offline

Default Vista Business Fax and Scan

I'm running Vista Business - cleran installation. Whne trying to use the Fax
and Scan I get an error message: Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot
access your document folder. Please ensure that Windows Fax and Scan can
access that folder. This happens when I'm in Word trying to fax the document
I'm working with. Does this mean that youy can only fax documents placed in a
certain folder? What's the name of that folder? How do I ensure the Windows
Fax and Scan access to it?
All hints are appreciated
Knut Elander
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

NB, despite the name of this group in Microsoft COmmunities, in usenet it's
called "microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields" and there's no mention of
fax. So you may be better off asking in, e.g.
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan

My /guess/ is that what this message is telling you is that
a. when you set up Microsoft Fax and Scan, you specify a folder where it
holds its "Fax Archive" - the Inbox and Sent Items
b. you either haven't set that up (perhaps you haven't actually used
Windows Fax and Scan before), or the folder you specified when you set it up
is no longer there, or is no longer accessible to you.

If you haven't actually used Fax and Scan before, I suggest you open it up
and see if it offers to go through a configuration sequence. If not, have a
look in its Tools|Settings|Advanced tab.

If it isn't that, I doubt if I can offer any more help as my Vista system is
not really set up to send faxes via that mechanism at present, but just out
of interest, what menu option in Word are you using to send your fax? Here,
I would have to choose Office Button-Print-Print, then select a suitable
fax printer.

Peter Jamieson
"Knut Elander" Knut wrote in message
I'm running Vista Business - cleran installation. Whne trying to use the
Fax
and Scan I get an error message: Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it
cannot
access your document folder. Please ensure that Windows Fax and Scan can
access that folder. This happens when I'm in Word trying to fax the
document
I'm working with. Does this mean that youy can only fax documents placed
in a
certain folder? What's the name of that folder? How do I ensure the
Windows
Fax and Scan access to it?
All hints are appreciated
Knut Elander

looking to write a business letter to attract new business. jmslade Microsoft Word Help 2 July 13th 07 04:00 PM
vista jackievar Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 07 06:19 PM
IBM laptop can scan from HP using wizard but HPcan't scan to Word HP Scanner problem Microsoft Word Help 1 March 26th 06 08:10 AM
Word * Virus Scan STOP Business CPU Personal use only Word 2003 Virus Scanning STOP Microsoft Word Help 3 August 15th 05 06:23 AM
how do i scan a business card to print in word? machelp Microsoft Word Help 1 February 7th 05 07:06 AM