Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
J J is offline

Default Mail Merge to E-mail

I have all of my mail merge information in excel which I use to merge into my
word document. On each row in excel I have three columns with e-mail
addresses. What I'm trying to do is send these e-mails to multiple
individuals for each row of data. When I use the concatenate function to put
the e-mail addresses together in one cell, the second e-mail address is cut
off after the @ symbol. Is there a better way to mail merge to e-mail
sending to multiple individuals?

Formula: =Concatenate(B4&"; "&B5"&"; "&B6)

I receive an error in outlook saying "Your message did not reach some or all
of the intended recipients." However, nobody receives any e-mail.

If I look in the sent items in outlook, I see the e-mail that was being sent
thru the mail merge to e-mail. If I click on the e-mail address in the TO to
open up the E-mail Properties box the E-mail Address has: ;456
(the 2nd e-mail address should be
) and it's being cut off.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I've never found a way to use more than one e-mail address in Word merge to
e-mail. You can either consider a different approach where you "roll your
own" merge and automate outlook to send each e-mail (see, for example,
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...tachments.htm), or if you are
reasonably happy to send each e-mail up to three times with different
addresses, you could consider making two additional copies of your mail
merge main document, and set up each one to use one of the three addresses.

Peter Jamieson