Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jwhend jwhend is offline

Default Import Word Field data into Excel

I have a form with fields for users to input data. I want to be able to
export from Word/import into Excel so that I can get all the forms into one
spreadsheet. I have done this before via a hack Java program by saving the
..docs as .txts and hunting through the form for what I want. I just think
that there HAS to be a way to actually work with field data - they can't
solely serve the purpose of formulas and easy user entry, can they?

I've read of one other fix where you check an option to save only the form
data as a .txt file and then get that into Excel.

My original solution was to create a fillable PDF for users to fill out and
email back to me, but then I discovered that you can't save a PDF in Acrobat
Reader (I use a Mac and can save from Preview or print as another PDF).

Thoughts?
John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As luck would have it I created a web page yesterday to cover this issue
that may serve your purpose
http://www.gmayor.com/ExtractDataFromForms.htm
See also
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm