Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fln210 fln210 is offline

Default Headers and footers

How do I delete a header and footer on select pages of my manual? Each time I
try to delete on a specific page it deletes ALL of my headers/footers!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Headers and footers are a section property. With some exceptions,* wherever
you want to change the header or footer (and having none is a change), you
must create a separate section (by inserting section breaks).

*Sometimes you can use an IF field to display a header/footer on selected
pages, and StyleRef fields can also be used to achieve varied header/footer
text without a section break.

"fln210" wrote in message
How do I delete a header and footer on select pages of my manual? Each
time I
try to delete on a specific page it deletes ALL of my headers/footers!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Headers and footers apply to entire sections of a document, rather than to
particular pages. Other than the first page of a section (which can be set
to be different than the rest of the section), a header or footer applies to
the entire section.

If you want part of a document to have a different header or footer, you
need to insert a section break at the point where you want the new header to
start or stop.

I hope this helps.

Fred