Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Moynihan Tim Moynihan is offline

Default Headers/Footers

When I switch on the headers/footers they always spill over to the next blank
page. This means that if I have a 5 page document the header/footer spills
over and creates a blank page 6. I want the header/footer on all pages. How
do I prevent this spill over and the subsequent adding of a blank page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe you have some extraneous paragraph marks at the end of your
text, and your header/footers are set to encroach on the margins of
your page, so they push the end of the file onto a new page. So Show
Non-Printing Characters and delete any extra paragraph marks.

And go to Page Setup and be sure your H & F placement is outside your
text margins.

On Jul 14, 9:44 pm, Tim Moynihan
wrote:
When I switch on the headers/footers they always spill over to the next blank
page. This means that if I have a 5 page document the header/footer spills
over and creates a blank page 6. I want the header/footer on all pages. How
do I prevent this spill over and the subsequent adding of a blank page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First of all, you need to be aware that the header/footer doesn't generate
extra pages unless you add a header/footer that pushes the document body
down/up; if this is the problem, then you need to either change the
header/footer margin or resign yourself to extra pages.

If you're getting "blank" pages, though, this is a different issue and
indicates that you have nonprinting content on the page; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

"Tim Moynihan" wrote in message
When I switch on the headers/footers they always spill over to the next
blank
page. This means that if I have a 5 page document the header/footer spills
over and creates a blank page 6. I want the header/footer on all pages.
How
do I prevent this spill over and the subsequent adding of a blank page?

Headers and Footers EMERGENCY!!! Microsoft Word Help 1 February 14th 08 11:04 PM
Headers & Footers Aurora Microsoft Word Help 4 March 22nd 06 04:27 PM
Headers and footers Adam Page Layout 2 January 30th 06 05:15 PM
Headers/Footers Brian Microsoft Word Help 5 December 13th 05 10:36 PM
Headers and Footers Penfold Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 12:24 AM