Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sagevahi sagevahi is offline

Default Pasting from Excel to Word table

I created an empty table and formatted it the I'd like it in Word. I now want
to paste data from Excel into my table but when I do it resizes my columns
and rows. Is there a way to lock the size of tables and rows in Word so
pasting from Excel doesn't change them, only the Excel data is inserted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"sagevahi" wrote:

I created an empty table and formatted it the I'd like it in Word. I now want
to paste data from Excel into my table but when I do it resizes my columns
and rows. Is there a way to lock the size of tables and rows in Word so
pasting from Excel doesn't change them, only the Excel data is inserted?

Under Table Properties... Table tab Options... button, make sure that
you uncheck the "Automatically resize to fit contents" option.

If you want even more control, you can set an "Exact" value for each row and
column under the Row and Column tab of the same dialogue box.