Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichUE RichUE is offline

Default Page Text Chopped Below Header

I have a document where the first line of the page is chopped off. The risers
on all the characters on that line have disappeared! I can add an extra
paragraph break to hide the effect, but what is causing it? The paragraph
format looks okay. I have tried changing the header height by dragging the
header boundary using the transition mark in the vertical ruler.

What can you suggest?
--
Richard

Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UmljaFVF?=,

I have a document where the first line of the page is chopped off. The risers
on all the characters on that line have disappeared! I can add an extra
paragraph break to hide the effect, but what is causing it? The paragraph
format looks okay. I have tried changing the header height by dragging the
header boundary using the transition mark in the vertical ruler.

Have you checked that there's not a graphic in the header that's causing the
problem?

Do you see the same in Print Preview, or when printing the document?

If you Ctrl+A, Shift+LeftArrow, Ctrl+C (to copy) then paste into a new document
does the behavior persist, or does it go away?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichUE RichUE is offline

Hi Cindy
Taking your suggestions in turn:
I can't see a graphic in the header. I tried turning on Picture Placeholders
and there was no difference, so I turned them off.
The document looks the same in Print Preview, but I was really surprised
when I printed a sample page - there's no problem with the print.
The on-screen appearance was fixed when I copied the entire contents into a
blank document.

So is this a feature without an apparent cause?

--
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UmljaFVF?=,

The document looks the same in Print Preview, but I was really surprised
when I printed a sample page - there's no problem with the print.
The on-screen appearance was fixed when I copied the entire contents into a
blank document.

So is this a feature without an apparent cause?

Mmm. Could be a glitch in how Word is interpreting your printer. Or it could
be a problem with that particular file. Or a combination of the two.

If you're fine with a new file, then I'd go with that (maybe keep a back of
the original for a while "just in case") and not worry about it. Unless it
happens again. Then you might have a damaged template file.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement