Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bosshog bosshog is offline

Default Mail Merge method to fill Word Text Form Fill Obect Question

To developers:

I have a mail merge question for someone who can assist me. I have an excel
'03 file which has about 10 columns of data with about 300 rows. I have a
need to move this data using mail merge to a word file to fill unique text
form fill objects that are housed into a different format within word '03. I
have the F1-F10 match the column data to the word text form fill objects in
the order of the word table. The mail merge works. Except instead of filling
lines in the word table, mail merge makes 300 tables rather than the 300 rows
in the one table. So, what can be done to make mail merge work to map rows in
the one table rather than 300 tables?

Thank you in advance,

Earl Jackson
--
**********************
A E Jackson

**********************
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use a Directory type mail merge main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bosshog" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bosshog bosshog is offline

Can you explain or refer me to a link where I can learn as to what is meant
by a dictionary mail merge main document.

Thank you,

Earl Jackson
--
**********************
A E Jackson

**********************

"bosshog" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is 'directory' not 'dictionary'. A directory merge puts one record
immediately after the one before it, as opposed to a letter merge which
starts each record on a new page.

"bosshog" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bosshog bosshog is offline

Sorry, I miss read. You have a very concise website. Thank you, I will look
into directory mail merger.

Earl Jackson
--
**********************
A E Jackson

**********************

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It is 'directory' not 'dictionary'. A directory merge puts one record
immediately after the one before it, as opposed to a letter merge which
starts each record on a new page.

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"bosshog" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bosshog bosshog is offline

I tried the directory mail merge and it works great for filling a table.
However, I still have a problem. I need to get the data that is in the table
into a Text Fill Form Object. Can you suggest how this can be accomplished
either from mail merge or macro script?

Thank you again,

Earl
--
**********************
A E Jackson

**********************

"bosshog" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bosshog bosshog is offline

Thank you for responding. The Text Form Fill Object is I believe a GUI object
that is embedded into a word document to gather data for a database of some
sort like Access. The Text Form Fill Object houses a field for entering text
and other fields such as the font, size, a link to the parent document. I
haven't found much from Microsoft on the subject to explain further. The
document that I am using has several of these Text Form Fill Objects in it.
So far, I have to enter that data by hand into the text field. If there is a
way to enter that tabled data in to the object by use of macro or some other
means then I am open to try it since I have a large volume of data to enter.

Thank you, again,

Earl
--
A E Jackson

"bosshog" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What version of Word are you using. By Text Form Fill Object do you mean a
FormField as is using in a document that is Protected for Forms.

As far as I know, there is no object in Word that has the name "Text Form
Fill"