Patricia

Default Conditional Formatting

I am creating a word template and want to know if I can apply a conditional
formatting (like Excel) to the form field based on the value. I cannot find
anything in the help.

Thanks
Greg

Patricia,

Here is a few macro options that you set to run on exit from the
formfield that should give you a start:

Sub Format()
Dim oDoc As Document
Set oDoc = ActiveDocument
If oDoc.FormFields("Text1").Result "50" Then
oDoc.FormFields("Text1").Range.Font.Color = wdColorBrightGreen
Else
oDoc.FormFields("Text1").Range.Font.Color = wdColorAutomatic
End If
End Sub
Sub ColorField()
Dim content As String
With ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text2")
content = .Result
Select Case LCase(content)
Case "yes":
.Range.Font.Color = wdColorGreen
Case "no":
.Range.Font.Color = wdColorRed
Case Else:
.Range.Font.Color = wdColorAutomatic
End Select
End With
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
inay

Hi Greg

When i test the below script by inserting it into a word document i get an
error message 'requested collection not available'. Do you know what might
be causing this?

Thanks,
Yani

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You don't have a form field called Text1 or in the case of the second macro
Text2. Change the names to match your field names.

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stan

I tried this excellent macro, but, I guess it won't work on mail merge
fields. I'm not a programmer, so if you have any suggestions, I'd be much
obliged. Thanks!

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The macro was intended to be used with form fields. What *exactly* are you
trying to do?

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Form Fields lose bold formatting Ellen Microsoft Word Help 0 February 17th 05 09:11 PM
Formatting Ellen New Users 2 February 9th 05 10:29 PM
how can I merge print and keep the conditional formatting Bob M Mailmerge 1 December 15th 04 02:32 PM
Apply Style but keep direct formatting? Stefan Blom New Users 2 November 28th 04 11:30 PM