chris

Default Help with allignment and spacing

Hi all,

I am having problem with alignment and formatting for Words 2003. These are
the 2 problems I face:
When I do typing, the blinking cursor is located 2 spaces on the right of
the word I just typed instead of the usual one space.
Secondly, the alignment buttons on the formatting toolbars are grayed out,
so is the alignment on the General area of the €śIndent and Spacing€ť tab from
Paragraph dialog box.

Here is more detailed information about my problems. I never had this
problem until my friend sent me a file in unknown format. So I set MS Words
as the default program to open that kind of file (dont ask me what it is
because Ive deleted it). I tried to use the repair function from the Help
menu and reinstallation but neither of these method changed a thing. I even
tried to compare the formatting (paragraph, fonts,€¦.) between Word documents
that works normally and the new documents that do not work. I have spent a
lot of time trying to fix this problem but to no avail. It is very
frustrating for me especially that I have the MS Word 2003 Expert
Certificate. Please help. Thanks a lot.

CHRIS

Graham Mayor

Whatever the original cause of this problem,
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm should provide the
means to correct it. Re-registering Word will correct its file associations
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

There is also an outside possibility that there is a corrupt display or
printer driver, but I would eliminate the obvious first.

chris wrote:
Hi all,

I am having problem with alignment and formatting for Words 2003.
These are the 2 problems I face:
When I do typing, the blinking cursor is located 2 spaces on the
right of the word I just typed instead of the usual one space.
Secondly, the alignment buttons on the formatting toolbars are grayed
out, so is the alignment on the General area of the "Indent and
Spacing" tab from Paragraph dialog box.