Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Karen Karen is offline

Default Footer Confusion

I have a document that has 43 pages. I want the footers to be a bit
different. I want page one to be blank, page two to be €œi€, page three to be
€œii€ and pages 4 through 42 to be 1 through 40. Can this be done in Word 2003?

Thanks, Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, but note that the first page should be i even if it doesn't have a
number printed on it. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a document that has 43 pages. I want the footers to be a bit
different. I want page one to be blank, page two to be "i", page three to
be
"ii" and pages 4 through 42 to be 1 through 40. Can this be done in Word
2003?

Thanks, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Karen Karen is offline

Thank you. I'll check this out and see if I can make it work. The first page
is going to be the front cover of a book that contains a graphic and a title,
so I don't really want a page number.
Thanks again, Karen

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a document that has 43 pages. I want the footers to be a bit
different. I want page one to be blank, page two to be "i", page three to
be
"ii" and pages 4 through 42 to be 1 through 40. Can this be done in Word
2003?

Thanks, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Karen Karen is offline

These directions are great! Thanks! Is it possible to make the Title page
footer blank like I want?
Thanks, Karen

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a document that has 43 pages. I want the footers to be a bit
different. I want page one to be blank, page two to be "i", page three to
be
"ii" and pages 4 through 42 to be 1 through 40. Can this be done in Word
2003?

Thanks, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes. You'll need to put it in a section by itself (unlinked from the
numbered ones). If you were using arabic numbering for the next section, you
could start the numbering at zero and use "Different first page" to omit the
number on that first page, but unfortunately roman numbering doesn't allow
for zero. g

"Karen" wrote in message
I have a document that has 43 pages. I want the footers to be a bit
different. I want page one to be blank, page two to be "i", page three
be
"ii" and pages 4 through 42 to be 1 through 40. Can this be done in
Word
2003?

Thanks, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Karen Karen is offline

I've been playing with this and now I have the title page footer as "i" and
the next two pages as "i" and "ii"
HELP!

Format Confusion Reitanos New Users 5 May 6th 08 04:55 PM
MDI Confusion CMoya Microsoft Word Help 1 February 21st 08 02:11 PM
Autotext confusion Cranky[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 4 October 3rd 07 07:31 AM
Style confusion Lexisch Page Layout 3 May 15th 06 12:08 PM
Style confusion Colleen E New Users 11 February 2nd 06 04:55 PM