Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djs djs is offline

Default How do I create a drop down list in word 2003?

I want to insert drop down list in word documents, forms, table or spread
sheet. How do I do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a DropDown Formfield if you want it in a document itself. Use a combo
box on a UserForm if you want it on a custom dialog.

See

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"djs" wrote in message
I want to insert drop down list in word documents, forms, table or spread
sheet. How do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djs djs is offline

Thanks to your help I now managed to design a basic form. I am now trying to
check box form field that are mutually exclusive. Can you help again? i.e.
For example in Marital status if one choose married they Automatically cannot
choose SEPARATED or SINGLE or vise versa

"djs" wrote in message
I want to insert drop down list in word documents, forms, table or spread
sheet. How do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert each of the check boxes that you want to behave in an exclusive
fashion into a table cell and then have a macro containing the following
code run on entry to each of those checkboxes

Dim oField As FormField
For Each oField In Selection.Cells(1).Range.FormFields
oField.CheckBox.Value = False
Next oField
Selection.FormFields(1).CheckBox.Value = True

--

"djs" wrote in message
I want to insert drop down list in word documents, forms, table or
spread
sheet. How do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djs djs is offline

I do not understand how to to it, but that is because I am new to Form
design. May be as I get more prctice it will make sense.
On another topic:- What Is a WORD/MICROSOFT MVP? Is this your full time Job?
You seem to know quite a lot and answers alot of questions in the forum.

"djs" wrote in message
I want to insert drop down list in word documents, forms, table or
spread
sheet. How do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/AboutMVPs/index.htm
http://www.mvps.org/about/mvp.html
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...;EN-US;mvpfaqs

"djs" wrote in message
I want to insert drop down list in word documents, forms, table or
spread
sheet. How do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers to help me out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

No, it is not my full time job. More like and addiction. However, most of
what I know I have learnt by finding out how to do things to help other
people.