Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vylula Bell Vylula Bell is offline

Default Changing some text in the header in the middle of a 10 page docume

My boss wants me to change some info in the header of this document starting
around page 7. He wants page 1-6 to stay the same and pages 7- 10 to have
some slightly different text in it. How do I do that? He actually has his
page numbering in the header (doesn't want it in the footer) and he wants
pages 7- 10 to be B-1, B-2, B-3 and so on where the first pages start with
A-1, etc. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Insert a section break at the end of the first section. (In Word 2003, you go
to Insert - Break, and choose whether you want the break to take you to a new
page or not.)

Then go into the headers and make sure that the header for the second
section is NOT linked to the header of the first section. Then you can change
the second section's header however you want.

These instructions might not work in other versions of Word, but the logic
will probably be similar.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Vylula Bell" wrote:

My boss wants me to change some info in the header of this document starting
around page 7. He wants page 1-6 to stay the same and pages 7- 10 to have
some slightly different text in it. How do I do that? He actually has his
page numbering in the header (doesn't want it in the footer) and he wants
pages 7- 10 to be B-1, B-2, B-3 and so on where the first pages start with
A-1, etc. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At minimum you will require a section break. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm or
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...atter_2007.htm (as
appropriate) for a variation of this requirement.

http://word.mvps.org

"Vylula Bell" wrote in message
My boss wants me to change some info in the header of this document
starting
around page 7. He wants page 1-6 to stay the same and pages 7- 10 to have
some slightly different text in it. How do I do that? He actually has
his
page numbering in the header (doesn't want it in the footer) and he wants
pages 7- 10 to be B-1, B-2, B-3 and so on where the first pages start with
A-1, etc. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vylula Bell Vylula Bell is offline

Default Changing some text in the header in the middle of a 10 page do

Fred, when you say at the end of the first section, do you mean at the end of
the first page? I am not sure I understand... :-) I am using Word 2007 and
I don't know it that well.

"Vylula Bell" wrote:

My boss wants me to change some info in the header of this document starting
around page 7. He wants page 1-6 to stay the same and pages 7- 10 to have
some slightly different text in it. How do I do that? He actually has his
page numbering in the header (doesn't want it in the footer) and he wants
pages 7- 10 to be B-1, B-2, B-3 and so on where the first pages start with
A-1, etc. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I just meant "at the end of that portion of the document that needs the first
header." The section break will simply divide the part of the document that
gets one header from the part that gets the other header. From your original
post, it sounds like that section break would go at the bottom of page 6.

Fred