Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AnitaG AnitaG is offline

Default Check boxes

I have read a lot of the posts and done what has been suggested but when I
try to insert a check box it just gives me the {checkboxform} or whatever
words are inside the brackets and nothing else. What is the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"AnitaG" wrote in message
I have read a lot of the posts and done what has been suggested but when I
try to insert a check box it just gives me the {checkboxform} or whatever
words are inside the brackets and nothing else. What is the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AnitaG AnitaG is offline

Okay. I did alt+F9 and it changed that into a check box but then I couldn't
put anything inside it. What I want is for this document to be something that
can be filled out on the computer and then emailed to someone as a completed
form.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"AnitaG" wrote in message
I have read a lot of the posts and done what has been suggested but when I
try to insert a check box it just gives me the {checkboxform} or whatever
words are inside the brackets and nothing else. What is the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

http://word.mvps.org

"AnitaG" wrote in message
Okay. I did alt+F9 and it changed that into a check box but then I
couldn't
put anything inside it. What I want is for this document to be something
that
can be filled out on the computer and then emailed to someone as a
completed
form.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"AnitaG" wrote in message
I have read a lot of the posts and done what has been suggested but when
try to insert a check box it just gives me the {checkboxform} or
whatever
words are inside the brackets and nothing else. What is the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AnitaG AnitaG is offline

Thank you. I'm glad to have that site in my list of favorites. I think it
will help a great deal.

"AnitaG" wrote in message
Okay. I did alt+F9 and it changed that into a check box but then I
couldn't
put anything inside it. What I want is for this document to be something
that
can be filled out on the computer and then emailed to someone as a
completed
form.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9.