Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Duncan Duncan is offline

Default cross reference caption figures 1,2&3

is there a way of instead of cross referencing figure1, figure 2 and figure 3.

to cross-reference figures 1-3 ?

I know that endnote supports this with it's references.

does ms have something similar for captions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Add \# 0 to the field code, such as { REF _Ref234657595 \# 0 \h} this will
only show the number.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

"Duncan" wrote:

is there a way of instead of cross referencing figure1, figure 2 and figure 3.

to cross-reference figures 1-3 ?

I know that endnote supports this with it's references.

does ms have something similar for captions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Peter, I tend to display "Figures 1, 2 and 3" not "1 - 2", so the link for
Fig. 2 is still active for the reader of the electronic document.
If the document is only to be distributed as hardcopy then I would do as you
say, which I forgot to mention :-( and type the dash but would forget the
figure 2 x-ref all together.
All the best
Deanh

"Duncan" wrote:
is there a way of instead of cross referencing figure1, figure 2 and figure 3.

to cross-reference figures 1-3 ?

I know that endnote supports this with it's references.

does ms have something similar for captions?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A disadvantage to doing it that way is if you change the content and
want the reference to fig. 2 to be somewhere else. Or, an automatic
editor might think there's no reference to fig. 2 and try to delete
it!

"Duncan" wrote:
is there a way of instead of cross referencing figure1, figure 2 and figure 3.

to cross-reference figures 1-3 ?

I know that endnote supports this with it's references.

does ms have something similar for captions?--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

That is the problem with referencing and with major changes, ie moving an
image drastically within the document.
I have not come across an automatic editor, so not sure what that intails.
All the best
DeanH