Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
imack imack is offline

Default how do I customize autotext/building block lists

I have saved mailing addresses as autotext for quick insertion in invoices.
When I right-click on the field, however, I get a huge list of unwanted
building blocks that I have to laboriously scroll through to find my
autotext.
Building block organizer will only let me delete these one by one - another
laborious task.
Is there any way of filtering out the categories of building blocks that I
do not want? In word 2003 this was easy - I just had to select the
appropriate template for autotext.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think you'll find what you need at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Emp...BB_Gallery.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

imack wrote:
I have saved mailing addresses as autotext for quick insertion in
invoices. When I right-click on the field, however, I get a huge list
of unwanted building blocks that I have to laboriously scroll through
to find my autotext.
Building block organizer will only let me delete these one by one -
another laborious task.
Is there any way of filtering out the categories of building blocks
that I do not want? In word 2003 this was easy - I just had to
select the appropriate template for autotext.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

In the Building Blocks Organizer, click the Gallery heading. This will sort
your building blocks according to their gallery name. If you assign your
Autotext entries to the AutoText gallery, they will now be grouped together.
There are also Custom galleries that you can use for this purpose. Note that
only the building blocks that are assigned to the Quick Parts gallery are
included in the list that appears when you click the Quick Parts button. For
this reason, you may prefer to leave your new AutoText entries in the default
Quick Parts gallery.

You can save your Quick Parts or AutoText entries to the default template
(the Building Blocks template) or to the template attached to your document,
such as the Normal template. This possibility gives you the same
filter-by-template options that you had in previous versions of Word.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz