Jessica

Default Grey Background Color Printing during Mail Merge

I am trying to use mail merge to print envelopes using Excel as the data
source.

If I choose the option to merge records to the printer, the grey background
color of the merge fields prints with every record.

This problem happens if I use "Address Block" or if I choose the individual
merge fields. The "Background" option is already set at "No Fill".

In addition, I am continually getting an error from my printer that it is
receiving the incorrect page size, even though the size of the paper is
correct in both "Page Setup" and the "Printing Options" window.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmVzc2ljYQ==?=,

I am trying to use mail merge to print envelopes using Excel as the data
source.

If I choose the option to merge records to the printer, the grey background
color of the merge fields prints with every record.

Version of Word? From which view are you printing? If this is Word 2002/2003
and you're in the NOrmal view, try printing from the Page Layout view,
instead.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org