Sara

Default saving a form

I have Word '03. I created a form that i would like to email around. How
should i save the document? With what file extention? It needs to be accessed
by those that dont have the current version of word.
I've already tried saving it as a word '97 version and people were still
unable to open it.

any suggestions?
thanx!
Sara Gelbfish

A Word document (any version) can be opened only by those who have Word or
the Word Viewer (get it from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en).
If you want a more universal format, you can convert it to PDF (most people
have Adobe Reader) or RTF. None of these solutions will help with filling
out forms, however (unless you create a fillable PDF form). But users who
have Word 97 or above should be able to open Word 2003 documents.

"Sara" wrote in message
I have Word '03. I created a form that i would like to email around. How
should i save the document? With what file extention? It needs to be

accessed
by those that dont have the current version of word.
I've already tried saving it as a word '97 version and people were still
unable to open it.

any suggestions?
thanx!
Sara Gelbfish

Sara

for some reason though, my friend who has word 97 is not able to open the
document. she said that it comes out looking greek!

also, how would i create a fillable pdf. i dont think you can do it in the
reader. correct?

thanx for your previous response!

"Sara" wrote in message
I have Word '03. I created a form that i would like to email around. How
should i save the document? With what file extention? It needs to be

accessed
by those that dont have the current version of word.
I've already tried saving it as a word '97 version and people were still
unable to open it.

any suggestions?
thanx!
Sara Gelbfish

also, how would i create a fillable pdf. i dont think you can do it in the
reader. correct?

No, you would have to have Adobe Acrobat Professional to create fillable
forms, but then anyone who has Adobe Reader could fill them out.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A Word document (any version) can be opened only by those who have Word

or
the Word Viewer (get it from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en).
If you want a more universal format, you can convert it to PDF (most

people
have Adobe Reader) or RTF. None of these solutions will help with

filling
out forms, however (unless you create a fillable PDF form). But users

who
have Word 97 or above should be able to open Word 2003 documents.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sara" wrote in message
I have Word '03. I created a form that i would like to email around.

How
should i save the document? With what file extention? It needs to be

accessed
by those that dont have the current version of word.
I've already tried saving it as a word '97 version and people were

still
unable to open it.

any suggestions?
thanx!
Sara Gelbfish

Charles Kenyon

Word 97 and Word 2003 use the same file format. The problem comes from using
features of Word 2003 that are not present in Word 97. My guess would be
nested tables. See the nested tables tutorial at
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm if you think it may be the problem.

When you say that they can't open the files do you mean that the files will
not open, period, or that they are somehow scrambled or not useable when
opened in Word 97?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.