sam

Default Wrong mail merge date format

I have an access database set up with several letters merged to the data
contained in a table. The date format in the table is short date dd/mm/yy. In
the word document I have {MERGEFIELD StartDate \@"dd/MM/yy"} and {MERGEFIELD
EndDate \@"dd/MM/yy"}
The end date looks correct as dd/MM/yy but the start date appears as
MM/dd/yy even though the switch is as dd/MM/yy. I just can's get it to go to
the corect format. Any ideas?

One other problem I have is a date at the top of the letter which I want to
change to today's date as it is opened. On some letters it works fine and on
others it shows the wrong date (the date it was last updated to). I have
checked the 'update automatically' box but it doesn't seem to work on all
letters.... any help with this appreciated too

--
Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2Ft?=,

I have an access database set up with several letters merged to the data
contained in a table. The date format in the table is short date dd/mm/yy. In
the word document I have {MERGEFIELD StartDate \@"dd/MM/yy"} and {MERGEFIELD
EndDate \@"dd/MM/yy"}
The end date looks correct as dd/MM/yy but the start date appears as
MM/dd/yy even though the switch is as dd/MM/yy. I just can's get it to go to
the corect format. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, you don't tell us which version of Word you^re using. I'm
guessing the original release of 2002. If that's the case, you need to update to
the latest service pack to fix the problem. You may also want to read up on
what's going on and how you can get around it, otherwise, in the Word 2002/2003
section of my website.

One other problem I have is a date at the top of the letter which I want to
change to today's date as it is opened. On some letters it works fine and on
others it shows the wrong date (the date it was last updated to). I have
checked the 'update automatically' box but it doesn't seem to work on all
letters.... any help with this appreciated too

Which date field did you use? Generally, fields will update when you PRINT, if
that option is selected, even if they haven't updated on-screen. There's no
general way to force all fields in a document to update automatically; and I
know of no way to determine why it may work in some documents and not in others.
If I want to be sure, I do Ctrl+A, F9.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org