shirl

Default Using comments in graphics

I have now solved this problem via another forum, answer below.

If you click on the drop down menu Tools Options Track changes then
uncheck the"Use baloons in print and web layout".

Comments should then behave the way you want them to.

shirl Wrote:
Hi

I work in education and one of the features in Word are are comments to
annotate students work and create interactive documents.

I am working with some documents which contain comments, one of the
documents contain a photograph of a hairdressing salon and there are
various hints in the picture regarding Health and Safety.

Each instance of the word hint has a comment attached, the picture is
sent behind the text to enable the word hint to be in the right place
on the photo.

My question is, in Word 97 and 2000 comments were displayed
differently, not sure how they worked over graphics (its ages since I
used these versions). But now when using Word 2002 (XP) or 2003 the
comments appear on the right of the screen, as the document contains a
picture it needs to be in Print layout or the graphic will not be
displayed.

When you move the mouse over the word hint, in 2002 the comment
displays the word Hint commented, it does not tell you what the comment
is, as this is displayed on the right.

In 2003 when you move the mouse over the word hint it says hint
commented and displays the text of the comment and also shows the
comment on the right.

My question is has anyone found a way of using comments in 2002 or 2003
which just displays the comments on the graphics. Also I cannot get rid
of the word commented in 2003 or the date and time, I know how to change
the user information.

Hopefully there will be someone out there that has managed to solve
this problem, if not I feel we will have lost the option to include
comments with graphics as they work fine with text.

Shirl

--
shirl