Gary Browning

Default change from unicode to ASCII

Does anyone know how to set the default character code set for symbols? I
need to change it from Unicode (hex) to ASCII (decimal).

They're two ways of viewing the same thing.

"Gary Browning" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to set the default character code set for symbols? I
need to change it from Unicode (hex) to ASCII (decimal).

Gary Browning

Right now, by default installation, when you insert a symbol from the menu
option it comes up with the Unicode (hex) format. My client uses the
Standard Character Access Chart ISO Latin-1+, and uses the keyboard shortcut
which she has memorized. Because it's set to Unicode, the key combinations
she uses don't work.

The ASCII (decimal) is the format she needs. How do I set this, or can it
be set?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

They're two ways of viewing the same thing.

"Gary Browning" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to set the default character code set for symbols? I
need to change it from Unicode (hex) to ASCII (decimal).

In the Insert Symbol dialog, there is a dropdown list at the bottom right
corner from which you can choose Unicode (hex), ASCII (decimal), or ASCII
(hex). But the ASCII shortcuts work (in a document) regardless of what the
Symbol dialog setting is. They must be entered from the numeric keypad (not
using the keys in the number row) in the form Alt+0xxx.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

They're two ways of viewing the same thing.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Gary Browning" wrote in

message