Cindy Meister

Default Why isn't all my Excel data merging into my Word labels document?

Hi Magdalena

When you use the template, do you always create a new document from it? Or
do you re-use the same file?

Does the previous Excel file still work correctly?

Generally, when one sees this problem between Word and Excel, it's usually
caused by damaged file structures in either the Word document or the Excel
workbook. The problem is determining which is the cause, and figuring out how
to work around it with the least loss of time and data. If older combination
of Word and Excel are still working, then the problem is most likely in this
workbook.

At this point, I'd try exporting (save as) the Excel file as a delimited
text file. Then try importing the text file into a new workbook.

-- Cindy

"Magdalena Hurwitz" wrote:

For the past two months I've been using a document I originally created with
the Word version that comes in the MIcrosoft Office 2000 Sr-1 Premium package
on our office Dell. The document is a label template. Up to now, I've had no
trouble importing Excel data into it.

Then I created a new Excel sheet with a new group of 118 entries. There was
one row I left blank. When I ran the merge, Word only included about 50 of
the entries. I've tried deleting the blank row, and I've tried everything at
the earlier community postings on a similar subject but not getting anywhere.
What am I missing?