CW

Default Cannot record a macro with dialogue box open?

I have loads of merge docs to create, each with lots of mergefields, and I
wanted to record a macro that included all the keystrokes and clicks for
opening the InsertField process, selecting Mailmerge then Mergefield and
then taking the cursor to the field where you specify the actual mergefield,
and stopping at that point as the input would of course be different every
time from then onwards.
But you cannot "Stop Recording" with the dialogue box open. You cannot click
on the toolbar or do anything outside the dialogue box.
Any way to achieve this?

CW

Nice thought, but unfortunately there are about 30 quite different merge docs
to do, so a template (or even several) would not be practical. No other
replies, so I giess perhaps it's just not possible?