gooner

Default Consecutive Reference Numbers and New Docs

Does anyone know if I can set up maybe a template or something similar so
everytime a new document is opened, whether saved or unsaved will come up
with a new ref Number Line for Example Just a blank doc to come up with this

DK-ABC-001

And then when I open up andothe rnew doc it comes up with

DK-ABC-002

Etc etc

Doug Robbins

See the article "Creating sequentially numbered documents (such as
invoices)" at"

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"gooner" wrote in message
Does anyone know if I can set up maybe a template or something similar so
everytime a new document is opened, whether saved or unsaved will come up
with a new ref Number Line for Example Just a blank doc to come up with
this

DK-ABC-001

And then when I open up andothe rnew doc it comes up with

DK-ABC-002

Etc etc

Jay Freedman

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

gooner wrote:
Does anyone know if I can set up maybe a template or something
similar so everytime a new document is opened, whether saved or
unsaved will come up with a new ref Number Line for Example Just a
blank doc to come up with this

DK-ABC-001