windsong

Default Left and Right Justification Problem - Word 2003

I have a paragraph that is justified both left and right; however, the last
line is spaced out so ridiculously - huge gaps between the words because the
words only really fill about 3/4 of the line. How can I correct this so it
looks okay?

I tried left justifying just the last line but it doesn't work.
CyberTaz

Hello-

Justification (or Alignment) is a paragraph attribute, but normally Word
doesn't apply full justification. The last line of the paragraph remains
uneffected unles it comes to within a specified proximity to the right
margin. You seem to have encountered one of those unusual situations where
the end of the line hits right at the cut-off point.

One thing to check is in ToolsOptionsCompatibility. Look to see that it is
set for Word 2003 and that the checkbox for 'Do full justification like
WordPerfect 6.x...' is not checked.

If that isn't it, select the text in the problem paragraph & go to
FormatFontCharacter Spacing. Set the Spacing to Condensed & specify a value
of .1 for the amount. That should 'tighten' the text enough to remedy the
problem but not be discernible to the eye.

HTH |:)