Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian_M

Default character style Word 2003 preserving size underlying style

I'd like to have a character style in Word 2003 that preserves the size of
the underlying paragraph style, so that I can apply it to whatever paragraph
style I want and just get the font and emphasis changes. Eg change from
whatever underlying paragraph font & style to Arial Italic, without changing
the size.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke

Hi Brian,

As long as the font size isn't defined in the definition of the character
style, it works the way you want.

If the font size is set already, you can remove it. But for some dumb reason
or another, you can't do that in the "Modify Style" dialog itself... go to
"Format Font".

Regards,
Klaus