Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Creating address labels with mailmerge

Anyone,

I have a list of addresses that I need to create labels with. I need
each address in the list to be on a separate label, as opposed to
creating an entire sheet of labels for each address. The list was sent
to me in Word format, and looked as follows:

name 1
name 1 address
city, state zip

name 2
name 2 address
city, state zip

name 3
name 3 address
city, state zip

I have tried converting the list into a Microsoft Word single column
table with a header as the first row. In my table, each field is on a
new row which I think is my problem. The resulting labels are putting
each field of a record onto a new label, i.e. label 1 has 'name 1',
label 2 has 'name 1 address', and so on. I'm sure that it thinks each
row is a new record.

Is there an easier way to do this? Is there a simple way for me to
create a table that will work for me with this data?

Any help is appreciated.
Penny

multiple address labels using excel file Punaboy Mailmerge 1 March 1st 06 07:27 AM
address labels Lou Ann Mailmerge 1 November 8th 05 05:42 AM
Creating Christmas Labels with Word 2002 Vickie New Users 5 October 28th 05 06:20 AM
Creating A Macro To Create Address Labels Jerry Slocombe Mailmerge 9 July 11th 05 09:58 PM
creating address labels in word from excel data - date changes Daisy66 Microsoft Word Help 3 June 7th 05 04:08 AM