Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
b.reece

Default How to allow typing in table automatically to go to next row

I would like to be able to create a table with multiple rows. When i start
typing in the first row and reach the end of the line, I want the typing to
automatically drop to the next row without the table expanding. I want it to
act exactly like normal typing, only to drop each line into its own row. The
typing would just drop down instead of expanding the row. I have no idea how
to do this, and there appears to be no help on how to accomplish this task in
the help menu. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

That is because there is no way to do this.

You can mimic it if you really need to by putting some background image that
looks like a table on your page and typing over the top of it. A defining
characteristic of tables is that they are composed of individual cells. What
you type in one cell, stays in that cell.

What is it you are trying to accomplish by doing this? Perhaps someone can
suggest a way to get you what you want.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.