Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Griendling

Default Open dialogue box

When I choose any way to open a document, the open dialogue box opens, but
then the contents shift to the right. For example, I have five columns when
I open My documents, the first approximately three columns are files and the
last two docs. When I open the box the columns shift to the right, showing
the second, third and fourth columns and part of the fifth.

In the past when this happened, I traced the problem to a particularly long
file or doc name, which I then shortened to correct the problem. But this
doesn't seem to be the case now.

Because my first move is to open one of the folders, I'd like all them to
show.

Any suggestions of why this happens?

Bob