Feyaia

Default speech

How do I get Microsoft Word to read highlighted text. I am writing a book and
would like the program to read it back to me.

thanks!

Pat Garard

G'Day Feyaia,

To the best of my knowledge, the features you refer to are NOT
part of Office, but of Windows Xp itself.

Right-click the (Windows) Task bar, point to "Toolbars", then click
"Language bar".

Then right-click the Language Bar (on the Task bar) and choose
"Restore the Language bar". You may then position it anywhere
convenient on the Screen.

Start Word, and open the document to be read.

Click the DropArrow at the extreme right of the Language bar,
and ensure that "Speak Text" is ticked - this places a "Speak"
button on the Language bar.

Select some text in the Word Document, and click the "Speak"
button on the Language bar. The selected text will be read.

If you do not select text, reading will begin at the Insertion Point,
and continue to the end of the document.

These tools work, not only with Office, but a number of other
programs.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard