++++Jack++++

Default HELP copying pictures

A new problem jumped into my Win 98SE.

I had been copying the pictures from a internet forum

In the past (earlier today) I could copy a JPEG and convert it to BMP and
save to desktop..
Then I would copy the BMG and save it to a word (97) doc. Picture would be
BIG..

All of the sudden when I do the above steps the picture that I get on Word
is only 0.57 inch high and 1.52 inch wide.. Like a postage stamp..

If when in Word I do the following

Click Insert / Picture / From File --- I get the large picture on the
Word doc..

Anyone have an idea what happened and how I can change this back to my
original thing???

Thanks Jack

The first question I would have would be why you're converting from JPEG to
BMP. The second would be why you're saving it to the desktop instead of My
Pictures. The third would be why you're copying and pasting it into Word
instead of using Insert | Picture | From File.

"++++Jack++++" wrote in message
ink.net...
A new problem jumped into my Win 98SE.

I had been copying the pictures from a internet forum

In the past (earlier today) I could copy a JPEG and convert it to BMP and
save to desktop..
Then I would copy the BMG and save it to a word (97) doc. Picture would

be
BIG..

All of the sudden when I do the above steps the picture that I get on Word
is only 0.57 inch high and 1.52 inch wide.. Like a postage stamp..

If when in Word I do the following

Click Insert / Picture / From File --- I get the large picture on

the
Word doc..

Anyone have an idea what happened and how I can change this back to my
original thing???

Thanks Jack

++++Jack++++

1st - - want to put picture in Word Doc.

2nd - -Temp location until I moved to Word doc.

3rd - - That was the way I was ALWAYS doing it..

Pictures are from newsgroup post's... don't know if or how I find the File
as in Insert | Picture | File

Jack

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The first question I would have would be why you're converting from JPEG

BMP. The second would be why you're saving it to the desktop instead of My
Pictures. The third would be why you're copying and pasting it into Word
instead of using Insert | Picture | From File.

so
all may benefit.

"++++Jack++++" wrote in message
ink.net...
A new problem jumped into my Win 98SE.

I had been copying the pictures from a internet forum

In the past (earlier today) I could copy a JPEG and convert it to BMP

and
save to desktop..
Then I would copy the BMG and save it to a word (97) doc. Picture would

be
BIG..

All of the sudden when I do the above steps the picture that I get on

Word
is only 0.57 inch high and 1.52 inch wide.. Like a postage stamp..

If when in Word I do the following

Click Insert / Picture / From File --- I get the large picture on

the
Word doc..

Anyone have an idea what happened and how I can change this back to my
original thing???

Thanks Jack

1. You can put JPEGs in Word docs.

2 and 3. If you save the picture in My Pictures and use Insert | Picture |
From File (which you could still do if it's on the desktop, but the desktop
is a bad place to store files), then you will still have the picture
available even if something happens to the copy you've embedded in the doc.
Better still, if you just link to the picture, you will greatly reduce file
size.

"++++Jack++++" wrote in message
nk.net...
1st - - want to put picture in Word Doc.

2nd - -Temp location until I moved to Word doc.

3rd - - That was the way I was ALWAYS doing it..

Pictures are from newsgroup post's... don't know if or how I find the File
as in Insert | Picture | File

Jack

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The first question I would have would be why you're converting from JPEG

BMP. The second would be why you're saving it to the desktop instead of

My
Pictures. The third would be why you're copying and pasting it into Word
instead of using Insert | Picture | From File.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

ink.net...