Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MEL MEL is offline

Default save master documents to CD - Word 2003

When I save a master document to CD it keeps the original hyperlinks for the
subdocuments so that when I try to open them on another computer it doesn't
allow me to. Can anyone help with how to get around this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Mel,

On the second computer:

1. Copy all the docs to the same folder.

2. Check each to reset 'Read only' (uncheck).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Mel" wrote in message
When I save a master document to CD it keeps the original hyperlinks for the
subdocuments so that when I try to open them on another computer it doesn't
allow me to. Can anyone help with how to get around this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Heretic Word Heretic is offline

G'day Mel ,

when inserting subs, first browse to the folder in question, then
cancel the dialog, then re-open the insert dialog and insert. This
will force a relative path association.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Mel reckoned: