Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser xppuser is offline

Default sending document but without macros attached

hi all,

in the process of creating my document, i have created macros to help in
producing the document. now i want to send the document out for
consultations. how can i send the document without the macros i.e. leave the
macros only on my machine and only the document itself would be sent.

thanks,
jes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

The macros belong in the template on which the document is based; they will
not be included in the documents themselves. If you are creating documents
by duplicating an original document, go back to basics, learn what templates
are for and how to use them, and save your document as a template.

"xppuser" wrote in message
hi all,

in the process of creating my document, i have created macros to help in
producing the document. now i want to send the document out for
consultations. how can i send the document without the macros i.e. leave
the
macros only on my machine and only the document itself would be sent.

thanks,
jes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser xppuser is offline

thanks but i am not quite sure by what you meant.

i created this document from scratch not a duplicate of any other document.
i created a few macros to help me with some repetetive things. all seems to
be ok. even when i send it out it was no problem, just a pop-up message of
security warning asking whether to enable/disable macros prompting some
colleagues to ask me about the macros (presumably others choose either
disable ot enable right off). so i figure somehow these macros were embeded
in the document. i do not want to delete them from my machine in case i need
them again for revisionary work but in the meantime i do not want to cause
consternations amongst my colleagues with the pop-up security warnings.

i'll google "template" and "word macros" to see what's what. thanks again.

regards,
jes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser xppuser is offline

Jezebel,

i am struggling to understand your oblique comments about my reply. i have
read a some articles that i found on word macros and template by "googling".
they still did not help me. i have gone thorugh an awful lot changing the
"Macros In" (i presumed this is the source of the problem) without any
success but a lot of time sure is expanded but good thing is, in-spite your
lack of help, i hope i learnt something. in the end though, i just deleted
those macros (though saving the codes so i can use them again) and
everthing's ok now.

on another note, i am not quite sure how to view your 'helpfulness' to me.
you assumed things to be quite obvious without realising that it may not be
so obvious to others (or at least to me). i have searched some your postings
and realised that most of your responses are quite similar in
tone/obliqueness. nevertheless i do thank you for at least spending the
effort to reply to me. if nothing else, they made me think of a work around
to my problem.

regards,
jes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jes,

You can use File=Save as and choose the .RTF format to create a copy of your file that does not include the macros. If you reopen
it then save under a new file name as a .doc file then the document should not reinherit the macros that are in the template (the
parent file model that your document is based on/created from). You may also want to uncheck the 'embed' boxes in
Tools=Options=Save as Smart Tags can trigger similar warnings on other peoples machines.

FWIW, Word 2007 has two separate file formats to support the type of scenario you're working with. Saving as .docM file type
includes macros, while saving as .docX file type saves the same content without the macros.

==========

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system info,
online Test Drive, or downloadable beta is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net