Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rose Rose is offline

Default Why can't I have more than 1 word document on minimize? I use to

I cannot convert from word to exel either
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

You can minimise as many documents as your system will support being open at
the same time. What happens when you minimise your documents? Have you set
the Windows XP Taskbar options to Group Similar Buttons?

I don't understand convert Word to Excel: what are you trying to do?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Rose" wrote in message
:I cannot convert from word to exel either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rose Rose is offline

Default Why can't I have more than 1 word document on minimize? I use

Where do I find the Windows Taskbar option? I use to be able to be in Word
and look at an Excel document without clicking on Ex cel it would just
convert by itself. Won't do that anymore.

"Rose" wrote in message
:I cannot convert from word to exel either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and select Properties.

I don't remember ever being able to convert Word to Excel or Excel to Word.
You could insert a SS into Word by opening a mini-Excel applet but never
just click a button and see an Excel document.

Terry

"Rose" wrote in message
: Where do I find the Windows Taskbar option? I use to be able to be in
Word
: and look at an Excel document without clicking on Ex cel it would just
: convert by itself. Won't do that anymore.
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: You can minimise as many documents as your system will support being
open at
: the same time. What happens when you minimise your documents? Have you
set
: the Windows XP Taskbar options to Group Similar Buttons?
:
: I don't understand convert Word to Excel: what are you trying to do?
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "Rose" wrote in message
: ...
: :I cannot convert from word to exel either
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
POP POP is offline

"Rose" wrote in message
I cannot convert from word to exel either

TF's answers aren't very clear or concise for a newbie, but your
post is just as vague and apparently disconnected from the
original.

It sounds like you might have something like an Excel file linked
into a Word document, but to get anywhere with figureing out how
to fix your problem, you're going to have to describe it a lot
better.

Try explaining exactly what it is you used to do, and the steps
you used to do it, what happens now when you try to do it, and
the exact error message, if any, that you are getting; and
possibly someone could take a crack at a useful response. As it
is, any response you get is going to be a WAG, I'm afraid.

HTH
Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rose Rose is offline

Okay here goes. I am trying to use more than 1 word document at a time by
minimizing them onto the task bar. Word is only letting me minimize the
documents onto the bottom of the document. How can I get the word documents
minimized onto the taskbar? Right now I am not thinking of the excel problem.
I am working on some work fro school with several lists and cannot get word
to minimized them onto the task bar.
Thank you Rose

"POP" wrote:

"Rose" wrote in message
I cannot convert from word to exel either

TF's answers aren't very clear or concise for a newbie, but your
post is just as vague and apparently disconnected from the
original.

It sounds like you might have something like an Excel file linked
into a Word document, but to get anywhere with figureing out how
to fix your problem, you're going to have to describe it a lot
better.

Try explaining exactly what it is you used to do, and the steps
you used to do it, what happens now when you try to do it, and
the exact error message, if any, that you are getting; and
possibly someone could take a crack at a useful response. As it
is, any response you get is going to be a WAG, I'm afraid.

HTH
Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rose Rose is offline

Suzanne,
Thank you so much! It is all I needed to know!
Rose

"POP" wrote:

"Rose" wrote in message
I cannot convert from word to exel either

TF's answers aren't very clear or concise for a newbie, but your
post is just as vague and apparently disconnected from the
original.

It sounds like you might have something like an Excel file linked
into a Word document, but to get anywhere with figureing out how
to fix your problem, you're going to have to describe it a lot
better.

Try explaining exactly what it is you used to do, and the steps
you used to do it, what happens now when you try to do it, and
the exact error message, if any, that you are getting; and
possibly someone could take a crack at a useful response. As it
is, any response you get is going to be a WAG, I'm afraid.

HTH
Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marcus Marcus is offline

just keep trying and MABY you'll get threw..

I cannot convert from word to exel either

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Great Scott!