Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
swarfmaker swarfmaker is offline

Default Corruption

Office 2003 on WindowsXP SP2. P$ processor and 1Gb RAM
I've got a document with about 4 tables. All text displayed in Arial 12
suddenly compressed into a solid black blob at the start of each line. I can
highlight this and change either the size or the font and the text displays
correctly, but when I return it to Arial 12 it compresses again.
Anyone got ideas as to what's causing this?
TIA
Iain

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Swarfmaker,

Office 2003 on WindowsXP SP2. P$ processor and 1Gb RAM
I've got a document with about 4 tables. All text displayed in Arial 12
suddenly compressed into a solid black blob at the start of each line. I can
highlight this and change either the size or the font and the text displays
correctly, but when I return it to Arial 12 it compresses again.
Anyone got ideas as to what's causing this?

If you use Table/Convert Table to Text, then reverse it using Table/Convert
Text to Table... Does the problem go away?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
swarfmaker swarfmaker is offline

"Cindy M." wrote in message
Hi Swarfmaker,

Office 2003 on WindowsXP SP2. P$ processor and 1Gb RAM
I've got a document with about 4 tables. All text displayed in Arial 12
suddenly compressed into a solid black blob at the start of each line. I
can
highlight this and change either the size or the font and the text
displays
correctly, but when I return it to Arial 12 it compresses again.
Anyone got ideas as to what's causing this?

If you use Table/Convert Table to Text, then reverse it using
Table/Convert
Text to Table... Does the problem go away?

I'll have a look at this when I get back to the office on Monday then get
back to you. In the meantime I've changed the font to get round the problem.

Regards,
Iain