Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
freesia2water freesia2water is offline

Default Vertical allignment

I have been trying to allign my title page vertically forever now!!! I cannot
get the text to allign vertically. I went to page layout and then changed it
to centered vertically push ok...and then...............nothing....Can
someone please help me...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Is your title on a page by itself or at the top of the first page with more
text below?

It actually sounds like you have it alone on the first page, but that you
may have gotten to the second page by repeatedly pressing the Enter key. If
so, the entire first page is filled with empty paragraphs, so the vertical
centering doesn't have any *apparent* effect, but it has been applied.

If that's the case you'll first have to:

2- Select & delete the empty paragraphs - turn on the Show/Hide non-printing
characters (Ctrl+*) so you can see where they are.

3- Place the insertion point at the beginning of the paragraph that follows
your title

4- Go to InsertBreak, select Next Page from the lower options, click OK

5- Place the insertion point anywhere in the title, go back into Page Setup
& re-apply your Vertical alignment - but make sure the Apply To: reads as
This Section, not Whole Document or This Point Forward.

If I've missed my guess, give us more details as to the structure of the
doc, what version of Word, & any other details you can offer.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/18/06 5:23 PM, in article
, "freesia2water"
wrote:

I have been trying to allign my title page vertically forever now!!! I cannot
get the text to allign vertically. I went to page layout and then changed it
to centered vertically push ok...and then...............nothing....Can
someone please help me...

See top & bottom of page in print view above&below vertical ruler Emmalouise Page Layout 1 August 19th 06 10:43 PM
Vertical Ruler Disappears [email protected] New Users 1 July 10th 06 04:23 PM
Vertical Ruler Disappears [email protected] Page Layout 1 July 10th 06 04:23 PM
Vertical text katy New Users 2 September 13th 05 03:52 AM
how do i return to default setting for vertical allignment? manda Tables 1 August 10th 05 03:46 AM