Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
WJRose WJRose is offline

Default How do I correct spacing in a mail merge?

I am using an existing Microsoft Excel 2003 speadsheet to create a mail merge
in Word. In the Address Block and Greeting Line, there are several spaces
between the First Name and Last Name of the recipients. How can I correct
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Unfortunately, the ADDRESSBLOCK and GREETINGLINE fields do not necessarily
fix this kind of stuff for you. You may find that you need to choose a
layout that does not include a courtesy title or middle initials, for
example. If that is not enough, you have to insert the individual fields
that you need, and if necessary, nest them within IF fields to insert
spacing, punctuation, and paragraph marks as required. For an example of the
kind of thing I mean, have a look at Graham Mayor's page at e.g.

(look for "Insert field information and associated text conditionally")

Peter Jamieson