Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gingerbread Gingerbread is offline

Default Calculations Using Word Mail Merge

I need to be able to create a mail merge document that adds together several
mail merge fields. The only way that I have been able to do this in the past
is to create a hidden table in which I insert the separate fields and then
sum them. That is no longer working as I need to include more calculations.
What I want to do is to do is something like the following: { MERGEFIELD
Test1 } + { MERGEFIELD Test2 } (note for this example I typed in the braces)

Unfortunately I have to use word for this

I have not found any way of doing this, does anybody know if it is possible

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use { = { MERGEFIELD Test1 } + { MERGEFIELD Test2 }}

You must of course use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gingerbread" wrote in message
I need to be able to create a mail merge document that adds together
several
mail merge fields. The only way that I have been able to do this in the
past
is to create a hidden table in which I insert the separate fields and then
sum them. That is no longer working as I need to include more
calculations.
What I want to do is to do is something like the following: { MERGEFIELD
Test1 } + { MERGEFIELD Test2 } (note for this example I typed in the
braces)

Unfortunately I have to use word for this

I have not found any way of doing this, does anybody know if it is
possible

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gingerbread Gingerbread is offline

I did that but after I have completed the merge, I am left with the following:
{ = 100 + 1 } where Test1 = 100 and Test2 = 1.

The only way that I have been able to chage from the formula to the result
is to click on the formula and press Shift F9. As what I am trying to do is
to include the calculated result on several hundred statements, that option
is not a practical solution. Am I missing something here or is that the way
that it is supposed to work?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The field may need to be updated after executing the merge. If it is being
executed to a new document, use Ctrl+A to select the whole document and then
use F9 to update the fields. If it is being executed directly to the
Printer, make sure that under ToolsOptionsPrint, the Update fields box is
checked in the Printing Options section of the dialog.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gingerbread Gingerbread is offline

Thank you for your assistance, it solved my problem

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Perform mathematical calculations with merge fields cjlatta Mailmerge 14 May 17th 23 02:49 PM
Date Calculations in Word Mail Merge Noah Kaufman Mailmerge 4 October 14th 06 12:32 PM
Calculations in Word Erika New Users 2 October 17th 05 06:21 PM
Take Mail Merge in Word back the the Mail Merge Helper 1,2,3 Form. Chris Green Mailmerge 5 October 8th 05 03:51 PM