Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Fester Bestertester Fester Bestertester is offline

Default Mailmerge Labels: Inserting Logo Image

Using Word 2K3:

I have a user who wants to insert a .jpg logo image into a set of
mailmerge labels, and they need to be able to somewhat micromanage the
size and placement of the image, independently from the placement of the
text.

Can someone step this out for me starting from Start | Programs | Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This may not be easy using Word - so the obvious suggestion is to suggest
Publisher, however see http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm and/or
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Fester Bestertester wrote:
Using Word 2K3:

I have a user who wants to insert a .jpg logo image into a set of
mailmerge labels, and they need to be able to somewhat micromanage the
size and placement of the image, independently from the placement of
the text.

Can someone step this out for me starting from Start | Programs |
Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Graham Mayor wrote:
This may not be easy using Word - so the obvious suggestion is to suggest
Publisher, however see http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm and/or
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Actually I ended up finding a reasonable solution he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285065/en-us

I just had to teach the user to start be selecting the entire table and
setting it's alignment properties, then inserting the logo, then
positioning and formatting the address fields, then merging in the data.

Turns out the user had spent the entire day merging in the data first,
then trying to insert the logo and format the data fields, and only came
to me at 4:30 on Friday afternoon to ask me why it wasn't working.