Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Annette Annette is offline

Default Mail merge without using the wizard every time?

We recently upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. We run a lot of form letters
from an existing Access database. The main document and merge set up
transitioned in tact, but now - instead of being able to merge from the main
pop-up we have to step through the tedious process of the "wizard" each time.
About 5 steps to a completed merge where it used to be 1. Is there any way
to simplify this and go directly to a merge?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The best thing to do is to turn on the Mail Merge Toolbar by selecting
Toolbars from the View menu and then clicking on the Mail Merge item. That
toolbar contains buttons for all of the actions required to initiate and
complete a mailmerge. Alternatively, you can reinstate the previous Mail
Merge Helper by selecting Customize from the Tools menu and then select the
All Commands Category on the Commands tab and scroll down through the list
of commands until you locate the Mail Merge Helper item and then click and
drag it onto a toolbar (or the expanded Tools menu).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Annette" wrote in message
We recently upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. We run a lot of form letters
from an existing Access database. The main document and merge set up
transitioned in tact, but now - instead of being able to merge from the
main
pop-up we have to step through the tedious process of the "wizard" each
time.
About 5 steps to a completed merge where it used to be 1. Is there any
way
to simplify this and go directly to a merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm where all will
be revealed

Annette wrote:
We recently upgraded from Word 2000 to 2003. We run a lot of form
letters from an existing Access database. The main document and
merge set up transitioned in tact, but now - instead of being able to
merge from the main pop-up we have to step through the tedious
process of the "wizard" each time. About 5 steps to a completed merge
where it used to be 1. Is there any way to simplify this and go
directly to a merge?

Mail Merge Wizard Holly Groves Mailmerge 4 August 4th 06 06:48 AM
Mail Merge wizard Patricia Mailmerge 1 April 7th 06 08:30 AM
looking for the mail merge wizard Mailer Mailmerge 1 March 6th 06 11:44 PM
mail merge wizard michael Microsoft Word Help 2 September 1st 05 09:06 PM
how do i delete "time" from date/time merge field in mail merge? 3kmom Mailmerge 1 April 7th 05 07:50 AM