Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] DarrylGould@googlemail.com is offline

Default Converting Word dates from ddmmyy into dd MMMM yyyy

Hello

Can anyone help? I am performing a Word mailmerge from a source that
cannot be amended. The dates in the source are stored in ddmmyy
format, i.e. 08082007 for today's date. I need to display the dates
as dd MMMM yyyy format, i.e. 08 August 2007. Does anyone now I can do
so?

Many thanks
Darryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tricky! However
{QUOTE{ = { Mergefield MyDate } \# "00'/'00'/'0000" } \@ "dd MMMM yyyy" }
should work, where MyDate is the field with the numbers.

wrote:
Hello

Can anyone help? I am performing a Word mailmerge from a source that
cannot be amended. The dates in the source are stored in ddmmyy
format, i.e. 08082007 for today's date. I need to display the dates
as dd MMMM yyyy format, i.e. 08 August 2007. Does anyone now I can do
so?

Many thanks
Darryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

wrote:
Hello

Can anyone help? I am performing a Word mailmerge from a source that
cannot be amended. The dates in the source are stored in ddmmyy
format, i.e. 08082007 for today's date. I need to display the dates
as dd MMMM yyyy format, i.e. 08 August 2007. Does anyone now I can do
so?

Many thanks
Darryl- Hide quoted text -

Graham

That worked perfectly! I would never have worked it out on my own.
Thank you very, very much!

Darryl