Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lae135 Lae135 is offline

Default Merged fields do not print.

Hello
I see the post from 2005 where-in the "fix" was hidden text. I do not have
that situation.

I am trying to merge addresses from my excel list to envelopes in Word.

I can see my merged addresses - I can see them in print preview - I can
select edit and edit and see all my addresses - I just cannot get that field
to print.

When I hoover my mouse over the fields, I notice what looks like a text box
outline appearing - I have tried moving the fields in and before that box -
to no avail. Still cannot print the addresses...very annoying lol!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Linda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What happens if you put a full sized sheet of paper into your printer and
then print? Does the text then appear somewhere on the paper? If so, it is
a problem with the way in which the envelopes are being fed into the
printer.

The "text box" type outline is actually a Frame and it is part of the
Envelope Address Style that dictates where on the envelope the address
appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lae135" wrote in message
news
Hello
I see the post from 2005 where-in the "fix" was hidden text. I do not have
that situation.

I am trying to merge addresses from my excel list to envelopes in Word.

I can see my merged addresses - I can see them in print preview - I can
select edit and edit and see all my addresses - I just cannot get that
field
to print.

When I hoover my mouse over the fields, I notice what looks like a text
box
outline appearing - I have tried moving the fields in and before that
box -
to no avail. Still cannot print the addresses...very annoying lol!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lae135 Lae135 is offline

Hello

Thank you for the response -

I tried the larger paper yesterday - thinking the same thing - and no, it
didn't print the address.

Interestingly enough - I was finally able to get the envelopes to print by
selecting in the print option box, print pages "1- whatever" - "instead of
all"

When I first tried and selected 1-176 - it didn't print, I was getting the
first merged envelope to print but no others. I then thought, well, maybe
there aren't really 176 "pages" so, I tried and was successful when I opted
to print 1-50, then 51-100, then 101-150 - after 150, I was not successful -
I know I had 176 addresses to start off with - no idea why it didn't want to
print the rest.

Based on the result (time consuming and annoying) can you say what was going
on and how to avoid it in the future?

Thanks!!

"Lae135" wrote in message
news
Hello
I see the post from 2005 where-in the "fix" was hidden text. I do not have
that situation.

I am trying to merge addresses from my excel list to envelopes in Word.

I can see my merged addresses - I can see them in print preview - I can
select edit and edit and see all my addresses - I just cannot get that
field
to print.

When I hoover my mouse over the fields, I notice what looks like a text
box
outline appearing - I have tried moving the fields in and before that
box -
to no avail. Still cannot print the addresses...very annoying lol!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Each envelope will be in a separate one page section. Try specifying the
sections to be printed - s1 - s176. However, just prinring having the All
radio button selected in the Page range of the File Print dialog should
cause them all to be printed.