Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mark B. Mark B. is offline

Default Probably Simple Merge Task

Hi,

I'm trying to merge an excel spreadsheet with a word document. The Excel
spreadsheet looks like the following:
Reading Math
Mark 4 6
Joe 5 8
Jane 7 5

I'm trying to print the results on one page (to save paper) so I've added
the merge fields a few times on the document. When I preview the results,
each page simply repeats the same person and results rather than going on to
the 2nd person on the list. The next page of the document does the same
thing for the second person.

I've tried inserting a Next Record command and that hasn't worked. Any
suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In your Mail Merge Main document, before each copy of the merge fields,
insert a

{ NEXT }

field.

(Use ctrl-F9 to insert the {}, then type NEXT between the {})

This field may also appear as Next record . You should /not/ have one at
the very beginning of your mail merge main document.

Then try merging again...

Peter Jamieson

"Mark B." wrote in message
news
Hi,

I'm trying to merge an excel spreadsheet with a word document. The Excel
spreadsheet looks like the following:
Reading Math
Mark 4 6
Joe 5 8
Jane 7 5

I'm trying to print the results on one page (to save paper) so I've added
the merge fields a few times on the document. When I preview the results,
each page simply repeats the same person and results rather than going on
the 2nd person on the list. The next page of the document does the same
thing for the second person.

I've tried inserting a Next Record command and that hasn't worked. Any
suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Another way to do that would be to use a Catalog (or in XP and later it is
called Directory) type mailmerge main document in which you just set up one
set of the merge fields in the configuration that you want them. Then
execute the merge to a new document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.