Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
hoozieg hoozieg is offline

Default Resize Word table cells without moving/resizing the other cells?

Within a cell in a table, I have drawn additional cells that must be evenly
sized, and allow input. These cells must stay confined to the size of the
cell. I can't resize any cell without the other cells automatically
adjusting. Can you please help? I am also working with vertical text inside
these cells so the columns are acutally rows and vice versa.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Select the area of the table that contains the cells that you want to resize
and hold down the Shift key (plus the Alt key for more control) and then
with the mouse, drag the cell boundary indicator on the Ruler to move the
boundary between the two cells that are separated by that boundary.

Note that you must move the indicator on the Ruler, not the boundary in the
table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"hoozieg" wrote in message
Within a cell in a table, I have drawn additional cells that must be
evenly
sized, and allow input. These cells must stay confined to the size of the
cell. I can't resize any cell without the other cells automatically
adjusting. Can you please help? I am also working with vertical text
inside
these cells so the columns are acutally rows and vice versa.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
hoozieg hoozieg is offline

Default Resize Word table cells without moving/resizing the other cell

Thank you Doug. This helped to a point. The cells above and below this
divided cell still adjust themselves to the slightest change. At one point,
I had it aligned perfectly, then realized I needed to merge 3 cells together
for centered input of a date. That threw the whole thing off again. Arrrgh!
When they merge together, you would think the total width of the one cell
would remain the same as when they were 3 separate cells! So...still
tweaking!